6 Best roach killer 2019:
Best roach killer – What is the best way to get rid of cockroaches? In any case, if you’ve discovered cockroaches in your apartment, it’s high time to do something.
Looking for the Best Flea Fogger and Flea Bombs in 2019?
You’re in the right place!
If you really want to get rid of roaches in your house or apartment, you need to invest in quality products.
Just like the silverfish, a cockroach rarely comes alone. The brown repulsive insects live in large groups and form a high population once they find a place to inhabit.
Apparently, they are not good for human health, so much so for the pets.
At any rate, the pests can transmit a variety of diseases such as tuberculosis, typhus, worms, and salmonella.
Feces, skin and saliva residues of cockroaches can trigger allergies, eczema or asthma in humans.
However, for hygienic reasons, quick action is required against roast infestation.
Take a look at the reviews below to find the best roach killer on the market.
- Advion Roach Gel Bait
- InVict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel
- Raid Ant and Roach Killer Spray
- Harris Roach & Silverfish Killer Powder
- Black Flag Cockroach Motel Trap
- Advion Cockroach Bait Station
For this reason, we have prepared for you a buying guide, in-depth information and a listicle of the best roach killers in the market which you can use without seeking the help of pest exterminators.
Advion Roach Gel Bait
The Advion gel bait is a highly poisonous non-repellant ActiveTM compound-powered roach killer. Basically, it targets all species of roaches which include gel bait-averse German, American, Brown, Australian, Asian, Oriental, Smokey brown, and brown-banded cockroaches.
Mostly, it is suitable for use in residential and commercial sites. When used, Advion cockroach gel bait ensures no re-infestation at the points where it is applied.
Factually, the active ingredient in the gel bait, the non-repellent indoxacarb attacks the central nervous system of the cockroach slowly – this is a good thing.
Once the cockroach ingests the gel, it goes back in time to its colony before it dies. Alas, the poison in its system will remain active when the other cockroaches in the nest eat the shell, which will eventually kill these cockroaches, and so on and so forth until all your cockroaches are dead and gone.
- Indoxacarb 0. 6%
- Dupont advion cockroach gel bait can be used in single and multi-family residential buildings, schools, commercial and industrial facilities (including warehouses, apartments, supermarkets, restaurants, motels, hotels, hospitals, food handling/storage establishments) , and transportation equipment such as aircraft, trains, ships, boats, buses
- Treatment rates for all uses: For heavy infestations of cockroaches, apply 3 to 5 spots of advion cockroach gel bait per 10 linear feet for light to moderate infestations of cockroaches, apply 1-3 spots of advion cockroach gel bait per 10 linear feet each spot of advion gel bait should equal about . 5 grams (approx. 1/4" diameter)
Typically, this product is amazing. However, that’s the way it should be since it costs more than the other five products reviewed here. You get what you pay for, right?
InVict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel
The InVict Gold is also one of the best bait gels in the market which you can use to exterminate stubborn roaches.
In any case, the roach killer contains killer ingredients such as the powerful and patented imidacloprid, a chemical compound which Bayer CropScience manufactured. It also includes other 11 attractants. It effectively controls even bait-averse German cockroaches.
However, when combined with a good roach bait, the InVict Gold rapidly prevents aversion. However, the roach killer is only meant for German roaches.
Each of the boxes of an InVict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel consists of four bait gels measuring 35 grams.
Actually, the product comes in the form of syringes. You can inject the content in hard-to-reach wall cracks and notorious crevices where German roaches stay. Each usage can last you for 3 months before you can then reapply the product, just in case they re-infest.
- Roaches begin dying in as little as 20 minutes after eating the bait
- Proven secondary kill when roaches are exposed to carcasses and droppings of roaches that ate the bait
- Unique food grade attractants are intentionally different from other popular baits, making InVict Gold the ideal choice for bait rotation to prevent bait aversion
- Formulated without the eight most common food allergens for sensitive applications such as food plants, schools, child care and health care facilities
For a fact, the bait is a fast-killing product. However, you may still look on at other four products in this review if the InVict looks a bit unaffordable for you. Nonetheless, there are quite a number of reasons to choose this product.
Raid Ant and Roach Killer Spray
Raid is an established insecticide brand which almost needs no introduction. This ant and roach biocidal comes in spray form in two cans with each coming with 17.5-ounce liquid killer content.
Cockroaches, bugs, flies and other ants so much hate this. All you need is unleash a spray inside hideouts, openings, and crevices which you know your unfriendly neighbors exist. Undoubtedly, it kills instantly, thanks to its combination of killer ingredients.
In essence, it contains active ingredients such as imiprothrin and cypermethrin. However, its other ingredients include water, which gives it liquid base; isobutane propellant, propane propellant, butane propellant, isopropanol solubilizer, fragrances, ammonium benzoate preservative, an emulsifier.
Once opened, this product has a shelf life of one-year maximum. If not opened, it has a shelf of three years.
- New Raid unscented formula utilizes a revolutionary new Water base" technology that maintains effectiveness and improves product odor
- Leaves behind less oily residue
- Kills on contact
- For household use
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
That said, before using the insecticide spray, ensure you read the label information for safety purposes.
Harris Roach & Silverfish Killer Powder
The Harris Roach & Silverfish Killer is a professional boric acid insecticide which effectively rids German cockroaches, silverfish, palmetto bugs, water bugs, etc for several weeks after its first application if kept library.
Typically, this solution kills insects in a maximum of 72 hours after they make contacts with the powder.
In addition, the 32-ounce aerosol which has deltamethrin as its active ingredient doesn’t stain. Meanwhile, it contains boric acid, the most poisonous substance used in naturally killing cockroaches. It doesn’t emit any foul smell nor poisonous vapors. Basically, the powder can be applied indoors & outdoors in residential, commercial and industrial sites.
As expected, when the powder is applied in roach nests or wherever they may inhabit, the active component begins the poisoning process on insects, spreading rapidly and killing them. Therefore, the content in the product can be used in cracks, small holes and hidden places such as beneath the sink and bathtub, etc.
- Long Lasting - Continues to kill roaches, palmetto bugs, water bugs and silverfish for weeks after application as long as it's kept dry
- Fast Acting - Insects coming into contact with the powder will die within 72 hours after initial contact
- Easy Application - The powder duster with extended straw makes application quick and simple for difficult to reach areas
- Contains Irresistible Lure - Harris food grade lure attracts roaches from their hiding places
- EPA Registered - Made in the USA & Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-10) for use in homes with people and pets
In addition, the product also contains an irresistible lure which attracts cockroaches from their hideouts.
Black Flag Cockroach Motel Trap
The Black Flag Roach Motel is a cockroach trap which can be placed in the basements, kitchens, and bathrooms. With this roach motel, roaches come checking in, but they never get to check out!
Basically, it lures and traps all types of cockroaches including waterbugs, palmetto bugs, crickets, scorpions, and spiders. When applied, the trap can remain effective for four months.
The trap makes insect pests check into the motel using an attractive special lure. Once these insects get inside the trap, they get stuck in its powerful glue and none will get to leave alive.
The Black Flag trap consists of no pesticides, odors or fumes. In addition to this, it is quite clean and you wouldn’t need to pick up carcasses of roaches or insects trapped around the house. When the trap is filled up with dead insects, all you just need so is throw away the whole roach motel.
- EFFECTIVE CONTROL: Traps roaches, waterbugs, Palmetto bugs, spiders, crickets and scorpions.
- HIDES DEAD BUGS: Conceals dead insects - just throw trap away when full.
- PESTICIDE FREE: Contains no pesticides and no pesticide fumes or odors.
- ATTRACTS ROACHES: Special lure attracts roaches into the trap, where they become stuck to the glue surface.
- GUARANTEED: Guaranteed to work or your money back - see product label for details.
The trap is effective in insect inhabitants such as behind the toilets, appliances or under the sinks.
Meanwhile, each of this packages you see contains two Roach Motels with 12 packages.
Advion Cockroach Bait Station
Advion bait station contains indoxacarb, a slow-acting active ingredient. It acts after it might have been ingested by cockroaches. After this, the process of mortality is triggered in them.
However, the indoxacarb (0.6%) in the content gives the cockroaches enough time to spread the poison throughout its colony members through contacts and also indirectly when they feed poisoned carcasses and feces of the poisoned.
Meanwhile, unlike the Harris and InVict brands reviewed above, the bait station is effective in all species of cockroaches including German roaches, Australian roaches, American roaches, brown roaches, smoky-brown roaches, brown-banded roaches and Asian cockroaches.
Essentially, the bait station is easily installable and is suitable for use in residential, commercial and industrial buildings which include: homes, hotels, apartments, restaurant, hospitals, and warehouses. Therefore, you get to enjoy all your money’s worth as one package of the product consists of 60 stations.
- Advion cockroach bait arena provides complete control of cockroach colinies with the active ingredient indoxacarb.
- The bait's slow-acting active ingredient provides enough time for cockroaches to transfer it throughout the colony by touching and indirectly through feeding on feces or poisoned carcasses.
- Easy-to-use and long-lasting.
- No residue or odor
Users are advised not to use the station on surfaces which are being treated with insecticides.
Buyer’s guide for roach killers
Which roach killer is safe to use?
There are many types of cockroach killers.
However, whether you decide to buy a slow-acting or fast-acting insecticide, there’s actually no insecticide which is not harmful to human and pets.
Meanwhile, you can find out if your preferred roach killer is toxic by simply looking out at the signal heading by its product label. This gives the user a warning if the product has toxic contents.
However, if the product label doesn’t include a signal heading, what this indicates is that the product is quite safe for use.
- In any case, CAUTION indicates that the roach killer is moderately low on hazardous content but could irritate the eyes or skin.
- POISON indicates that the product is toxic and can act as a poison if the content enters an organism’s body, be it human, pet or insect pest.
- Meanwhile, DANGEROUS POISON indicates that the roach killer is quite poisonous – a little may lead to poisoning, and possibly, death if it penetrates the body.
Use hazardous roach killers in exclusion zones
In a situation where the insecticide is labeled “POISON” or “DANGEROUS POISON“, exclusion zones are quite important in ensuring your pets and kids are safe from the potential danger a roach killer may pose.
Meanwhile, since cockroaches inhabit in closed, dark spaces and crevices, it is advisable to target the insecticide in areas such as below the sink, cupboards, at the back of the fridge, etc where your pets and children have no access to.
Types of roach killers
Basically, there are four types of cockroach killers. They are sprays, gels, bait stations or traps and powders.
Roach sprays are liquid and poisonous insecticides that are usually canned.
Aerosol roach sprays are quite common, fast-acting and effective in roach control. While many works with immediacy, some types rid pests in the long term. After you apply the spray, the residual action of the insecticide can last you for four weeks before you see the need to re-spray.
Traps or bait stations
If you would like to kill pests without having to take care of the messes and carcasses left behind, then, traps or bait stations are for you. Above all, roach baits are designed to lure roaches with the irresistible chemical smell. Therefore, when they eat up the bait, mortality will set in and they’ll die in a couple of days. Typically, all stations include both powerful glue and poison.
Meanwhile, after eating up the lure, if the pest tries to escape, the glue gives it no chance. However, for those who escape, they transfer the poison to their colony through physical contact and feeding off from the carcasses of the poisoned insects.
In any case, gels may be your perfect choice if you need to attack roaches in their hard-to-reach hideouts. These gels come in tubes in form of syringe-like applicators with which you can unleash the content into wall cracks and crevices. Basically, they are suitable for use indoors and outdoors.
Typically, there are many insecticide products which consist of the boric acid chemical. This is a powder which is used in naturally killing off pests effectively. However, it is a non-toxic option of controlling Roach infestation. Hence, when the cockroaches ingest or contact the acid powder, it sticks to their bodies and finds a way into the nervous system, setting off the mortality process.
In addition, this is a slow-acting method of roach control. After the cockroaches might have been exposed to the boric acid, you still get to find them around. Meanwhile, what they do is spread their newly-contacted killer poison and spread it around in their nest to the rest of the population.
The best way to get rid of roaches
Cockroaches like a warm and humid environment. Therefore, it is important that you regularly air your apartment, especially the kitchen and the bathroom. In addition, you should make sure that no water is in the sink, in the shower or in the tub.
Meanwhile, if you find small slits on windows, doors or pipes, close them so that cockroaches do not get into your home that way. Above all, everything edible should be closed so that the insects are offered no food source.
Fundamentally, cleanliness is important in preventing roaches. In order not to let it come to a cockroach fight, we should regularly wipe work surfaces in the kitchen and tabletops.
For this reason, when buying used kitchen appliances, you should make sure that no pests are hidden in them and thoroughly examine the appliance and packaging before doing so.
Prevention, they say, is better than cure. Most of the time, we only start thinking of getting roach killer after we might have harbored these annoying creatures. How about we try to never give them a breeding opportunity?
Essentially, cockroaches need food and water to survive and are likely to climb in places where they find it. Therefore, a cockroach can make a meal out of a few leftover crumbs, so eliminating your food supply is not as easy as it sounds.
In any case, keep all food in insect-proof containers such as jars or plastic bags with zippers, especially when they are stored in cupboards and drawers.
Above all, clean and vacuum the floor and frequency counter-top. Even more, clean spills before they become places loaded with sugar.
Meanwhile, do not let your garbage pile up – take it out before the bag overflows. Lastly, provide as much ventilation as possible in the dark areas below the counters and behind the accessory – like the toilet.
Read more: How to Get Rid of Water Bugs
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Best roach killer 2019:
- 2 Buyer’s guide for roach killers
- 3 The best way to get rid of roaches
- 4 Conclusion