Sure-fire way of removing tough stains from fiberglass bathtub
A fiberglass bathtub is an economical addition to a bathroom and is relatively light compared to other materials used for bathtubs.
Cleaning your fiberglass tub is important since dirt, soap scum, hard water scale and mildew can build up if you do not take care of the tub properly.
Not really! You can get your tub clean and shiny by using some inexpensive home products. In this tutorial, which is in two phases, we teach you how to remove tough stains from fiberglass tub generally and also how to remove limescale in the bathtub.
Steps to remove stubborn stains from fiberglass bathtub
- An empty spray bottle
- Undiluted white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Fill an empty spray bottle with undiluted white vinegar.
- Spray your fiberglass tub including the faucet and knobs. Allow the vinegar to sit on the surfaces for 20 minutes. Vinegar helps disinfect, deodorize and kill any mold that may be present. It also dissolves hard water scale.
- Pour some white vinegar into a cleaning sponge and use the sponge to clean the tub and accessories.
- Sprinkle stubborn stains with a light coat of baking soda. Moisten the sponge with vinegar again and clean the baking soda, which should remove any leftover stain.
- Remove any residue of baking soda.
- Spray your tub at least several times a week with the vinegar spray to prevent the accumulation of dirt and stains.
Steps to remove limescale in the bathtub
If there is a type of stains difficult to eliminate in the bathroom, they are the ones that cause lime to accumulate in the bathtub. These are stains that must be cleaned as soon as possible to prevent them from being much more complicated to eliminate which may end up deteriorating the materials of the bathtub.
You should pay attention to the following instructions as we show you effective tricks to remove limescale in the bathtub and leave your bathroom shining.
The first trick to remove lime stains from the bathtub is to use lemon, a fruit that works miracles to eliminate lime residues from hard water. With the help of a cotton and a lemon, you can put an end to those ugly inlays. You can use this remedy in two ways as will be explained below.
- First, you can cut the lemon in half and rub directly, or you can squeeze the juice of the lemon, wet a little cotton and rub on the spots.
- In the end, you should rinse with water for a good result.
- White wine vinegar
- Towel for drying
Another trick that does not fail to clean the lime stains in the bathtub is to use vinegar, either alone or diluted with water. White wine vinegar is a very effective remedy to eliminate the unwanted scale incrustations.
- Mix hot vinegar with a little water
- Wet a sponge in the solution
- Rub the area to be treated and then rinse with water
- To give the final touch, you must dry with a dry cloth
- Baking soda
- Empty vaporizer
- Take an empty vaporizer
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda, a glass of vinegar, a little bleach and two glasses of water.
- Now shake everything so that it is well mixed. By now, you already have an effective solution to finish with the lime deposits in your bathtub.
- Spray on the area to be treated
- Rub and rinse with water.
- Baking soda
A final formula to remove lime stains from the bathtub is using a combination of vinegar, ammonia, water and baking soda. This mixture is ideal for porcelain and marble bathtubs.
- You should mix half a glass of vinegar, a cup of ammonia and a quarter of a glass of baking soda, and half a liter of hot water.
- Put on gloves
- Rub the affected area well and then rinse with clean water.
We have listed different certain-to-work tricks to remove tough stains from fiberglass tub alongside their step-by-step instructions.
The interesting thing about these remedies is that the items needed can be found at home and aren’t expensive to buy.
The tricks we listed in the limescale removal category can also be applied to stains involving other causes.
Above all, we hope you enjoyed the article “how to remove tough stains from fiberglass tub” and you’ve found a trick which will work for you.
What do you think about this article? Do you know or have tried other tricks which have worked for you? What is the result like after trying any of these tricks.
Read more: How to get rid of waterbugs in the house
Let us know about these in the comment section!